We have added an extra class to the spring schedule. We are excited to welcome back Ann Budd for a 2-day Sweater Finishing class on Sunday and Monday May 16th and 17th from 9:30am-4pm. Cost for both days is $110 with lunch included or $100 if you bring your own lunch. There is a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 20, so sign up soon!
From Ann Budd:
In this two-day workshop, we’ll make a pullover for a toddler following the pullover instructions in The Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd. The sweater will be worked in four pieces—one back, one front, and two sleeves. To minimize the amount of knitting, all students will work a small sweater in worsted-weight yarn. To prepare for the class, students will knit the four pieces to the armholes and choose between drop-shoulder, modified drop-shoulder, and set-in sleeve shaping, and between round and V-neck shaping. ( See a picture of the sweaters for the workshop on Ann’s blog at http://annbuddknits.blogspot.com/2010/03/weekend-workshop.html.
What You’ll Need
- The Knitter’s Handy Guide to Sweater Patterns (or make arrangements to share with a friend)
- The Knitter’s Companion or other technique reference book (optional but helpful)
- 2 skeins of worsted weight yarn such as Cascade 220 (you may need only 1 skein but you want to be sure not to run out)
- Size 7 or 8 straight needles plus a set of double-pointed one size smaller for neckband
- Pen or pencil and paper for taking notes
- Tape measure
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch holders
- Small scissors
- Round stitch markers and removable stitch markers
- Graph paper if you want to add a stitch pattern (optional)
More detailed homework information will be provided when you sign up for the workshop. But there will be homework to complete before coming to the first class!
Don’t forget all the other fantastic classes we have coming up in May and June! In addition to another Ann Budd class we also have authors Donna Druchunas and Ann McCauley teaching some great classes! Check out the full schedule at http://www.mysisterknits.com/files/MSKSpringSchedule10.pdf.