One of the new yarns we’ve been talking about for some time is Veronik Avery’s new line, St. Denis. We’ve got a selection of colors of the Nordique Sport in stock along with the premiere magazine of patterns. Nordique is a 100% wool sport weight yarn. There are 150 yards per 50 g ball and according to the label it has a gauge of 6-7 sts per inch on US 2 – 6 needles. The yarn is multi-ply for great stitch definition and durability. It looks equally fantastic in textured, cabled, fair isle and lace patterns.
The premiere issue of St. Denis magazine contains 16 patterns using a wide variety of techniques for sweaters and accessories. There is a fantastic group of contributors to the magazine as well – Veronik Avery herself, Pam Allen, Ysolda Teague, Franklin Habit, Jared Flood, Carol Sulcoski, Mary Jane Mucklestone, Robin Melanson, Laura Grutzek and Jennie Eveleigh Lamond. You can see a preview of the magazine on Classic Elite’s web site or on Ravelry.
Some free patterns you might want to consider for this yarn include:
- The Olympic Reindeer Hat by Helena Bristow
- Mrs. Roosevelt’s Mittens by Franklin Habit
- Bird Mitten Chart by Hanneke Sieben (only on Ravelry & is not a complete pattern)
- Lorne’s Hat by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- The Inga Hat by Sheila Macdonald
- Tiffany Mittens by Sabine Riefler